The Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum is located in St. Marys, Ontario and is looking to hire three full-time and one part-time individuals to assist with the relocation and organization of our collection, support for researchers, and coordination of displays for outreach activities.
Description: The Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame & Museum will establish and activate a new Canadian Baseball Research Centre. As we have started to build a new museum and collection research centre, we need to set the foundation by inventorying, assessing and organizing our rich collection of baseball artifacts so that we are positioned to develop exhibitions, build appropriate storage space, create research protocol, and determine outreach opportunities. To accomplish this, we are hiring curatorial summer students to organize, assess, and catalogue the collection, and make recommendations for exhibition, storage, program and outreach opportunities, plus purchase proper supplies and collection storage equipment.
- A post-secondary student, enrolled in a field that requires strong research and writing skills such as in Museum Studies, Archival Studies, History or a related field.
- Familiar with baseball history, or willingness to learn
- Strong computer skills in areas that include word processing, databases, spreadsheets, graphic programs and digital imaging.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational abilities and flexible work skills; ability to work on several ongoing projects and likes to see projects through to a successful completion.
- Ability to work both independently or as part of a team.
- Candidates for the full-time position (16 weeks) must be entitled to work in Canada, be under 30 years of age and returning to full-time studies in September.
- Candidates for the part-time position must be entitled to work in Canada, be under 25 years of age, enrolled in secondary or post-secondary school and returning to full-time studies in September or have graduated in the last 6 months.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
Wage: $14 per hour
Start date: May 14, 2018
How to apply: Email your cover letter and resume or CV to Scott Crawford at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline May 9, 2018